Secure Access Service Edge transforms edge networking. See how ZPE Systems — a leading innovator in network infrastructure management — introduces even more capabilities to this cloud-based solution.
What is Secure Access Service Edge?Secure Access Service Edge, or SASE (‘sassy’), is a new concept that’s disrupting traditional edge networking. SASE combines networking and security services in the cloud, to deliver both wherever you need them. This means bringing safe access to every edge of your network, whether it’s to your most remote branch locations, or to on-the-go users traveling across the globe.
“SASE provides flexible, on-demand edge networking that keeps users protected no matter where they are…” – Jordan Baker, Sr. Technology Writer + IT Nerd
The ProblemOrganizations are more distributed than ever, forcing you to backhaul traffic through your data center and main enterprise firewall. This leaves you dealing with several crippling issues, like:
- Slowed speeds due to bottlenecking
- Frequent delays from service-chaining latencies
- Balancing connectivity vs security, especially at remote sites
- Cumbersome scaling that requires loads of time & resources
The SolutionWith SASE, you get a cloud-based solution that delivers safe and reliable access as close to users as possible. SASE combines network services such as SD-WAN, bandwidth aggregation, and NaaS with security solutions like FWaaS, Cloud SWG, and VPN. It delivers all these via an identity-driven, cloud-based model and allows users to connect from anywhere, while your main network can regain smooth operation. In short, SASE untethers your network edge so users can connect wherever they go:
- Eliminate bottlenecking with agile security
- Get fast service using tightly-coupled virtualized functions
- Deliver reliable & secure access anywhere, thanks to the cloud
- Scale on demand using built-in automation support