Information we collect
When you visit our Sites, for instance to request information, sign up for newsletters, request online product demonstrations, download a whitepaper, register for webcasts or events, register an opportunity, activate an app from our Cloud Services Portal, register a product and enroll in customer support, or to propose your products and services as a vendor, we collect and we ask you to provide information about yourself that may include:
- Personal identifiers and contact details, including your name, address, email address, phone number, the company you work for, your job title or business role, your area of responsibility, your country or region;
- Purchase information such as products and services obtained, transaction history, and financial information such as payment card details;
- Information you provide when interacting with our sales team or customer service;
- Internet or online information such as Information about your computer or device, including IP address, browser type and settings, browsing history, information regarding interaction with our websites, applications, or advertisements, and other statistics;
- Geolocation data such as your device location; and
- Other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
Providing your data is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as product registration, to access content, such as whitepapers, to activate or access an app or a cloud service, or to qualify your suitability as a vendor. In such cases, if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
How we use your information
We use your Information mainly to interact with you and enhance our relationship, to provide you with our services, to make it easy to navigate our Sites, to improve our Sites and our products, to offer you apps and services from the Cloud Services Portal, and to content and services that might interest you. We also use your Information as shown below.
- To provide and manage our products and services, to verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, to establish and process transactions, and to support the ongoing management and maintenance of our products and services;
- To support operations, including accounting, monitoring and reporting, to enable information security, to secure our systems and applications; to enable the use of service providers for business, to comply with risk, legal, and compliance requirements, and to comply with our policies, procedures, and contractual obligations;
- To manage, improve, and develop our business, products, and services, including marketing, research, and analysis, to evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and Sites;
- To communicate with you regarding our products and services, our support services, and provide you with critical service updates to existing products and services, to allow you to register for opportunities, to provide you with technical and customer support, and enable the provisioning of services;
We may also use your information where processing is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal process or lawful requests. Lastly, we may use your information with your consent, where required by applicable law.
Who we may share your Information with
We may share your information with service providers with whom we work, such as data processors and companies that help us develop, improve, or market our Products and services to you. When permitted or required by law, we may share information with additional third parties for purposes including response to legal process.
General Data Protection Regulations
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25, 2018 with the objective of harmonizing the data protection law framework across the EU. GDPR imposes obligations on companies that control or process personal data.
ZPE has implemented appropriate technical and security processes to ensure compliance with the GDPR obligations. We are dedicated to the protection of your data, and will continue to strive for data safety. Your information is protected and will not be shared with any third parties.
It is important for us to continue communicating our message and to do so with integrity, by providing engaging, business relevant communication and content. Things you will be notified of with your consent will include promotions, product updates and industry related news. We require your consent to provide this valuable information.
Without consent you could miss out on:
- Promotional updates
- Product Information – i.e. patches, firmware updates, and changes
- Product Support
- Industry News
If you have any questions or concerns about ZPE Systems’ General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us at support@zpesystems.
California Consumer Privacy Act
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California residents, as that term is defined in the CCPA, more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them. The CCPA establishes California consumers’ right to know what information is collected and how it is used and shared and the right to delete or opt-out of the sale of personal information. Data about individuals who are not residents of California is handled differently and is not subject to the same rights described below.
ZPE Systems does not sell personal information to third party vendors.
California residents have the right to ask us not to “sell” certain personal information as that term is defined under the CCPA. You can make such a request by emailing support@zpesystems.
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12-month period prior to your request (“Access Request”):
a. The categories of Personal Data we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data;
b. The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Data about you;
c. The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Data about you, and the categories of Personal Data disclosed;
d. The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you; and
2. Delete Personal Data we collected from you (“Deletion Request”).
In addition, you have the right to be free from discrimination by a business for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident, you may authorize an agent to make an Access Request or Deletion Request on your behalf. A California resident’s authorized agent may make a request on behalf of the California resident by contacting us using the information below. We may ask for information to verify the request.