ZPE Systems®, Inc. is an industry-first provider of Software Defined Infrastructure access and control solutions. The company’s NodeGrid infrastructure management solutions help businesses unify and accelerate the deployment, migration and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems. ZPE Systems has designed NodeGrid to work with industry leading products from Cisco, Dell, Oracle, HP, IBM, VMware and numerous other infrastructure vendors. ZPE Systems was founded in 2013 by industry veterans with deep expertise in Data Center, Virtualization, Servers and Enterprise Systems Management. The company is headquartered in Fremont, California with offices in Netherlands, Japan, Brazil and India.
Type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Location: Fremont, California
Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
We are seeking a skilled Human Resource Generalist who can grow with us as our company continues to grow. This position will be responsible for administration of HR programs and will provide management and employees a full range of human resources services across all functional areas including but not limited to employee relations, employment policies and practices, recruitment, performance management, and training.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, including (but not limited to) harassment and discrimination training, EEO-1, OSHA, and Worker’s Comp. Maintain records, reports, and logs as necessary to support reported data.
Develop, implement and administer processes and procedures for on-boarding and off-boarding. Coordinate all paperwork for recruiting, candidate evaluation, offer letters, new hires, I-9 verifications, status changes and terminations.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and employee handbook.
- Prepare, manage and process monthly payroll.
- Responsible for maintaining all employee and HR files (electronic and printed) while maintaining confidentiality and accuracy of all records.
- Research, prioritize, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action or response.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Perform benefits administration and manage benefit programs such as health, dental, life, disability insurance plans, 401(k), etc. Communicate benefits information to employees.
- Respond to claims and inquiries: unemployment, disability, employment verification, etc.
- Liaise with ZPE outsourced international HR administration firms when required.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Other HR duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources field.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures. HR Credentials is a plus (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute).
- Commitment to staying current labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Mac). Knowledge of Zoho suite of applications and Paychex is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strength of character, ethics, commitment, and reliability
Are you a Good Fit?
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “HR Generalist” – Please include why you are interested in the position.
ZPE Systems, Inc. will make accommodations for disabilities, caregiver responsibilities (such as parenting or caring for other relatives), or similar situations if at all possible.