ZPE Systems®, Inc. is an industry-first provider of Software Defined Infrastructure access and control solutions. The company’s NodeGrid infrastructure management solutions help businesses unify and accelerate the deployment, migration and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems. ZPE Systems has designed NodeGrid to work with industry leading products from Cisco, Dell, Oracle, HP, IBM, VMware and numerous other infrastructure vendors. ZPE Systems was founded in 2013 by industry veterans with deep expertise in Data Center, Virtualization, Servers and Enterprise Systems Management. The company is headquartered in Fremont, California with offices in Netherlands, Japan, Brazil and India.
Type: Paid Internship – Part-time or full-time (negotiable)
Duration: 2-3 months, with possibility of converting to a permanent role after this period.
Telecommute: Up to 20%
Location: Fremont, California
This position is responsible for implementing software applications for Linux OS (x86 platform), building and maintaining a cross-compiler Linux environment, developing new software applications and enhance existent functionalities including installing and patching Open Source and proprietary code. This position reports to a team leader or to the Software Manager.
- The developer must have 1+ years of experience in Linux and C programming language
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Creative self-starter
- Detailed Experience required:
- Good knowledge of Linux (Kernel and user space)
- Detailed Experience desired:
- Knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of Linux configuration
- Knowledge of porting code to Linux
- Knowledge of writing shell script
- Familiar with Open Source projects and libraries
- Source control tools (Sub-Version or CVS)
- Knowledge on authentication servers
- Knowledge on software debug
- Detailed Experience (Plus):
- Working experience with cross-compiling environment
- Familiar with Service Processors, especially HP iLO and Dell iDRAC